Dayton Furnace Blowing Cool Air - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

dayton furnace blowing cool air

I recently bought a house that had been empty for about a year. The furnace burners light but at the vent there is little air flow and the air that blows out is cool. The heat ducts from furnace feel cool to the touch and the flu pipe is very hot. It sounds like the fan is running. Any suggestions on what be wrong? Thx Sandy
Freezing in MI. please does anyone have any suggestions at all. At 1st the furnace would run for 10 sec and turn off, I replaced thermostate. Now it runs but no warm air, and it shut it's self off. wouldn't reset when I flipped switch. I'm heading back to the house in a litte while. please I could really use some help on where to begin looking for the problem. I'm lost at what to do next. Thx

Advertisement

Last edited by luckysc47; 12-05-2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: please I need help. Can't afford to have it serviced very cold in MI.
luckysc47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

Take the doors off Sandy and push in the door switch button to comfirm operation sequence. No air flow, hot flue and unit locking out could be any of these causing it to trip on high limit
1)dirty filter
2) faulty fan motor or capacitor
3) Plugged evap coil
4) faulty fan control board

If the burners light and stay lit but the the fan doesn't come on after a minute or so then it's 2 or 4. If the fan comes on then it's 1 or 3. A voltage meter would be very helpfull to confirm your diagnosis.

Advertisement

Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S. View Post
Take the doors off Sandy and push in the door switch button to comfirm operation sequence. No air flow, hot flue and unit locking out could be any of these causing it to trip on high limit
1)dirty filter
2) faulty fan motor or capacitor
3) Plugged evap coil
4) faulty fan control board

If the burners light and stay lit but the the fan doesn't come on after a minute or so then it's 2 or 4. If the fan comes on then it's 1 or 3. A voltage meter would be very helpfull to confirm your diagnosis.
Thank You Marty! I'm heading over there right now. Have a great day
luckysc47 is offline   Reply With Quote