Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-02-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
jpc
jc

Send a message via Yahoo to jpc
Share |

In the dark concerning my home central system

first off , thank's in advance for reading and any possible feedback or advice..The pics below are of the information on the inside and outside unit, These were here when we bought the house, and knowing nothing about the trade, I do not know anything about my system...size or capacity, what kind of system I have(it provides the cool and heat)if its sized correctly for my house?Too day While the outside unit was off, I used the hose to clean any debree out of the grill area and on the front side it seamed like white foamy somthing washed out, like foaming soap, or a cleaner, I dont know,my tech guy was out last week and cleaned the outside unit,could this maybe have been residue from when he cleaned? or did I screw something up by spraying it,? If anyone has any thoughts or feedback or input , its appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
In the dark concerning my home central system-20120901_163456-2.jpg   In the dark concerning my home central system-20120801_184607-3.jpg  

jpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:56 AM   #2

seems the inside part the air handler.."evaporator" section has been replaced (2010-R-410A freon tagged)your outsdie part "condneser" section tagged for R-22 freon.washing of that condenser is residue from the techs cleaning.if you don't have a gas line to the air handler probably a Heat Pump...where is your air handler up in attic or in the basement need to mention stuff on that with the locations differing from maint it.locate where your return filter is inside the return duct at the air handler or in a return grill need your stat...lets hear back...did the service tech write down pressures or mention them to you....

biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
jpc
jc

unfortunatly no he didnt, I mentioned in passing to my mom that the breaker kept tripping, and she said something to a friend on her job,long of the short when I got home my wife said, so and so with so and so company came out and took a look, cleaned outside unit and before he left amps where right, sounds like he kept it to a minimum to keep the bill low as a hook up for my mom,appreciated the fact others are concerned, I just would have prefered to pay the extra to have him go up in attic and take a peek at the air handler,as it was it was 250 for taking care of the outside unit, but back to the post ,,,airhandler and duct work are located in the unconditioned attic,,, not sure about what you mean by "stat", did I leave anything out? thank you for helpin out
Old 09-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
An old Tradesmen

If I'm reading that air handler model number right, its under size for that condenser.
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beenthere For This Useful Post:
hvactech126 (09-02-2012)
Old 09-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
jpc
jc

Hey "Been there", If your correct... what will that cause? About a year and half ago the original handler took a dump and loaded the attic up with water, alot of repair work, but the insurance company replaced my handler, that sucks they just threw in an exact match with no testing or checking? thanks man
Old 09-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
AKA HVACTECHFW

You have a few problems, http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc...ss-pf4m-02.pdf

1. The air handler is for R410-A, not a huge deal except that your air handler came with a TXV for R410-A This will not meter the r22 (your outdoor unit uses R22) properly.

2. The air handler is a 1.5 ton... your outdoor unit is a 2.5 ton. This will most likely cause liquid refrigerant to slug the compressor due to the evap coil not being large enough.

There is no way that the insurance company "through in an exact match". How long have you owned the home? How did it work when you bought the house?

YOU NEED A NEW SYSTEM...
Old 09-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #7
An old Tradesmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc View Post
Hey "Been there", If your correct... what will that cause? About a year and half ago the original handler took a dump and loaded the attic up with water, alot of repair work, but the insurance company replaced my handler, that sucks they just threw in an exact match with no testing or checking? thanks man
Won't get anywhere near the capacity that the outdoor unit is rated for. may cause liquid flood back to the compressor on low load days, causing a shortened life span fr the compressor.
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
jpc
jc

"Hvactech" thanks for taking the time to help, Almost 8 years, Didnt really have any problems with the system the first couple of years, Through the hotest spells of summer we would run a window unit or two in the bedrooms to help out, My house has vaulted ceiling in main room where there is a kitchen,living room,dinning area and fireplace area with no dividing walls, very open and 3 skylight's in the vaulted ceiling, along with Two sliding glass door's, so with out the airsealing, and insulation upgrade, and no telling how the skylights where handled, I half way expected it, About a year and half ago or so, the handler died, and flooded the attic, and while doing all the repair work, I airsealed, upgraded my insulation and such, but its been hard to keep the house comfortable even after doing all that.
"beenthere"- thanks for breaking it down for me. Ill tell ya if I had it to do all over again, I still would have bought this house, just had no Idea the work I was in for,lol