DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

CSST gas line through ceiling/floor to appliance

12K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  pcampbell 
#1 ·
I am dealing with tight spaces (holes in the ceiling in the basement) to get a gas line to a gas stove and trying to figure out the best/proper way to do this. I would prefer to use CSST because it is just easier given the working space.

There is already a gas line run to the stove, but it's 6" away from the wall. I need to get it right up against the wall due to a modern stove. The old stuff is a bit scary looking, I'd like to start semi-fresh. The nearest junction with a solid black pipe is maybe 5 feet away from the wall so I'd like to start from there.

The CSST I have worked with before from McMaster says it may be connected directly to a fixed appliance. I am guessing a stove, even with anti tip devices installed is not really considered fixed.

Can I use CSST and somehow fix that to the floor, so I sort of have an "outlet", then use the proper "appliance" flex line (which I believe is much less rigid, so when you pull the stove out for maintenance it gives?) directly to the stove. I could also run up through the floor behind the wall of the stove, then come out through the wall behind the stove. It doesn't really matter either way to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.