Connecting New Deck Roof To House - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Connecting new deck roof to house

I am installing a flat roof over an existing deck and woul lkie to know if I can install a 2X8 ledger board on the existing exterior wall of the house and nail joist hangers on it to support the 2X8 rafters that will be on 12"oc and will have a free span of a little less than 16'? I am attaching pictures of the existing overhang that I intend to cut back to the wall. I could rest the rafters on the wall plate but would have to cut the roof back further during construction and would prefer to only cut it back flush with the wall until I am ready to install the roofing material.
Attached Thumbnails
Connecting new deck roof to house-deck-roof-003.jpg   Connecting new deck roof to house-deck-roof-002.jpg  

Advertisement

Preach_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Hvac Pro

Rewards Points: 826

Connecting new deck roof to house

Use our Construction or Carpentry forums at the top of the page.

Advertisement

yuri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decks , framing , roofing