DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Condenser fan airflow direction??

23K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  nicksab 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I may sound stupid or like a novice by saying this but I was looking at my walk in cooler tonight and realize that the condenser fan is actually pulling the air thru the condenser. Why is that?

I would think that the condenser fan would have more cooling power by pushing the air thru the condenser.

What do you think?

is it normal for the fan to pull the air thru the condenser?

Which one do you think is best? pulling or pushing the air thru the condenser?

Thanks

#2 ·
Pulling. Better distribution and removal of heat and the entire condenser gets some benefit from it.

The best way to clean that is to shut it off drape wet towels over the condenser and blow high pressure air back through the coils, wow look at that dirt.

#5 ·
alright i got it. Pulling is better but i am still not convince about all the crap it sucking in the condenser. I mean i understand that it benefits the rest of the equipment by giving it air but wow!! anything that goes by the condenser gets sucked in. poor spiders lol

#6 ·
anything that goes by the condenser gets sucked anyway.......from outside to inside ( normal way ) or from inside to outside ( some old system ).:thumbup:.........you just need coil cleaner to fix this problem. :whistling2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.