DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Comfortmaker RPJ2 Draft Inducer

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Marty S. 
#1 ·
Hello,
I posted a thread about two weeks ago about my Comfortmaker, and thought that the problem with my furnace was the blower wheel, but I found out that the part that's trashed is the Inducer.

I was wondering how I would go about installing that assembly, because there are no existing wires from the Inducer motor that I can splice with the wires that are already present in the furnace unit. The motor has two metal tabs from the bottom, and I don't know which wires go to which tab.

Thanks

#2 ·
I installed the draft inducer, and the guy that sold me the part said that the polarity of the wires shouldn't matter, so the wires should be okay no matter what (if anything, it would just turn the motor the other way). Now, I checked everything except for the 3amp fuse on the circuit board, and it all seems normal. I reset my thermostat, turned the gas valve on, and I turned the switch on that turns the furnace unit on and off.

However, the entire unit now will not start up. The inducer is not turning on (which should be the first thing that does), and the burner is not glowing. I need help!

My furnace is a Comfortmaker RPJ2, model number: GUI075A012IN.

Thanks

#3 ·
Do you have a meter to check voltage? If so step one is make sure there's high voltage coming in. Step two is check red to common for 24 volts. Step three would be check common to white with the thermostat calling for heat,should read 24 volts. We'll start there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.