Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-30-2009, 03:27 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Comfortmaker RPJ2 Draft Inducer

Hello,
I posted a thread about two weeks ago about my Comfortmaker, and thought that the problem with my furnace was the blower wheel, but I found out that the part that's trashed is the Inducer.

I was wondering how I would go about installing that assembly, because there are no existing wires from the Inducer motor that I can splice with the wires that are already present in the furnace unit. The motor has two metal tabs from the bottom, and I don't know which wires go to which tab.

Thanks

nuclearjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

I installed the draft inducer, and the guy that sold me the part said that the polarity of the wires shouldn't matter, so the wires should be okay no matter what (if anything, it would just turn the motor the other way). Now, I checked everything except for the 3amp fuse on the circuit board, and it all seems normal. I reset my thermostat, turned the gas valve on, and I turned the switch on that turns the furnace unit on and off.

However, the entire unit now will not start up. The inducer is not turning on (which should be the first thing that does), and the burner is not glowing. I need help!

My furnace is a Comfortmaker RPJ2, model number: GUI075A012IN.

Thanks

nuclearjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:41 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000

Do you have a meter to check voltage? If so step one is make sure there's high voltage coming in. Step two is check red to common for 24 volts. Step three would be check common to white with the thermostat calling for heat,should read 24 volts. We'll start there.
Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote