Coleman Echelon 8 C Not Working At All - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

coleman echelon 8 c not working at all

My 2 year old coleman echelon 8 C series furnace is not working at all. No flame, blower does'nt kick on, just nothing. I checked the Igniter, looks fine, flipped the breakers on the wall, the thermostat works, I made sure all wire connections and circuit board were all secure. Three days without heat, I have no money, and usually can fix things on my own, I am frustrated. What else could be suggested?

Advertisement

Ang B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
Experienced HVAC Tech

Rewards Points: 250

So the first sign of life in your furnace will be the inducer motor (smaller motor in upper part of furnace cabinet) turning on. The first thing I would start with is ensuring power to the unit. If your breaker is on and the power shut off at the furnace is on then your main fuse may be out. Also there is a smaller 3 or 5 amp fuse on the furnace control board that should be your next step. Post what you do and what happens and anything else once you try this.

Advertisement

HVAC1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HVAC1000 For This Useful Post:
Ang B (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
Hvac Pro

Rewards Points: 826

Is it a mid efficiency unit with a metal pipe to the chimney or does it have plastic venting to the outside of the house.

There should be a error code LED in a viewing window in the blower door and a list of those codes on the back of one of the doors. Get that code.

If NOTHING happens then your tstat may be faulty. Jumper R to W on the circuit board with the door switch pressed in and if it fires up then the tstat is faulty. Buy a good Honeywell Focus Pro at HDepot and none of the el cheapo Chinese crap tstats.
Ang B (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Hi HAVAC1000, I talked to some co-workers as well, who gave me other trouble shooting tips. Finally it ended up being the toggle switch was disengaged with the cover, some how. I re-aligned everything, my house is warm now. I appreciate your input.
Ang
Utah
Ang B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #5
Experienced HVAC Tech

Rewards Points: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang B
Hi HAVAC1000, I talked to some co-workers as well, who gave me other trouble shooting tips. Finally it ended up being the toggle switch was disengaged with the cover, some how. I re-aligned everything, my house is warm now. I appreciate your input.
Ang
Utah
Oh ok. Well good job. Ya that door switch can do that. Well I'm glad you got it all solved
HVAC1000 is offline   Reply With Quote