Cold Nights - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Unhappy

cold nights

hello, I hope everyone is doing well. I'm having a problem with my RUUD furnace and I'm hoping someone can walk me through a possible fix. When I try to turn my heat on nothing happens. I hear it click from the thermostat, but the furnance doesn't turn on. I removed the panels and I hit the button on the bottom panel. when I do this I hear the unit click and see the LED stating ok. Now when I change my thermostat to cool it kicks on and works fine but the heat will not come on at all. Does anyone have any suggestions. I'm hoping it's something that I can possibly fix myself instead of calling a professional. I can only imagine what they might charge. Oh by the way the unit is about 9 years old and I've replaced the ignitor about 2 years ago. Ok I'll be looking forward to some suggestions. Thanks ahead of time!!!

Advertisement

savemoney is offline   Reply With Quote