Closure To My Last Three Threads! - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-10-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
1921 Sears&Robuc

Rewards Points: 75

Closure to my last three threads!

Well I have to say it has been an absolute blast doing my first HVAC removal replacement project! It all started with a 40k btu total electric hvac, that was improperly sized and regioned for my house. I have a 1975 sgr ft house with a 1.5 ton unit! Improperly plumbed, spider box ten ft off the unit the legs running as long 27ft(furthest of distance) and 16ft the shortest of distance!
So after purchase of a new/used hvac unit and pouring a new pad, running gas lines, and removal and replacement of most all of the ducts and trunk lines! then to technical issues with the new hvac being it had been converted from NG to LP, and I had to reverse it and change it back to NG, And orific drilling(which was a sinch to doo, scared to death to do it but worked out in the end).
Well got the gas turned on today and all was well, the unit is performing like a pro' done it! Solid blue flames to the ends of the burners( no orange flames anywhere), To the correct runs of ducts work, longest of distance is 12ft, and the shortest of length is 10ft6inches. This project has been alot of fun, and alot of heart ache trying to find parts at a resonable cost, and get them quick enough to get install before gas(NG) man showed up. To getting compliments form the gas/NG man for a great looking project, properly Installed applications of all new pasts, and passing inspection.

And most of all wife come home from work to having heat in the house! Happy wife equals happy husband! She dont care how or why things work, as long as it works, so the only compliments from her were ty fo rfixing the heat! You know the drill! LOL!
But I am sure in time another project will be coming about, and maybe I could reference back to this great place for additional help if needed!

But for now this is mrshadetree0222, signing off, the help needed column!
You look around you just might finds me in the Help being offered instead of needed column!

Oh one more thing!
IGNORANCE IS NOT HAVING THE KNOWLEDGE OF' and STUPIDITY IS HAVING THE KNOWLEDGE OF AND NOT USING IT!

Advertisement

My house, a 1921 Sears-Robuk 1 1/2 story 4 bedroom, 2 bath 1975 sqr ft house! Ordered March 1921, delivered via: railcar 1922, assembled October 1922! Ignorance is not having the knowledge of', Stupidity is having the knowledge of' and not using it!

Last edited by MrShadetree0222; 10-10-2008 at 11:21 PM. Reason: correction on the btu's posted for old unit!, and many many typos!
MrShadetree0222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:58 PM   #2
oops, did I do that!

Rewards Points: 250

Congratulations!!

Advertisement

Last edited by 8 Ball; 10-10-2008 at 11:20 PM.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:09 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

Hey! Congrats guy. Glad you made the dead line.

Just out of curiosity what were your final thermal numbers in "WC?

How good is your static? Especially accross the evap (Did you say you put in an ac too) and filter?

Last edited by hvaclover; 10-11-2008 at 12:24 AM.
hvaclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #4
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 7,362

A solid blue flame does not indicate a furnace is operating properly/ burning fuel propery.
That is a common misconception.

A furnace with a solid blue flame can produce as much Carbon Monoxide as a flame that is yellow.

And many do.

Only with a combustion annalizer can you know if its really burning properly.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote