Circulator Pump - Old Vs New (boiler Unable To Heat Home) - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-30-2010, 11:16 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Circulator pump - old vs new (boiler unable to heat home)

Hi,

My old circulator pump (TACO 1/8 HP, pic attached) was leaking and the service person replaced it with a TACO 007-f5. The 2 levels on my house that I’m trying to heat is about 1300 sq feet

Now, my house is struggling to get heated. The hot water from the boiler is getting divided into both the sides of the house (same one zone). The right side is getting warmed up with no problem, but the left side is barely getting warm. The service person tried to bleed the water and said that there may be air pockets and when he left he said everything is fine. But, now, 2 days later, my boiler is struggling to warm the house. I very faintly feel the heat when I have my hand near the baseboard. This is happening on only one side of the house.

I'm thinking whether the new circulator has the same capacity of the older one? I'm no expert here, any help on sizing this would be very helpful. The new one says its 0-25 gmp and I'm unable to find the same for the older one (pic attached). Can anyone tell me what the older one's capacity is? Whether the service man replaced the right capacity pump?
Attached Thumbnails
Circulator pump - old vs new (boiler unable to heat home)-new1.jpg   Circulator pump - old vs new (boiler unable to heat home)-new2.jpg   Circulator pump - old vs new (boiler unable to heat home)-old1.jpg   Circulator pump - old vs new (boiler unable to heat home)-old2.jpg   Circulator pump - old vs new (boiler unable to heat home)-old3.jpg  

Advertisement

Last edited by saturn78; 10-30-2010 at 11:25 AM.
saturn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:45 AM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 4,688

Circulator pump - old vs new (boiler unable to heat home)

Your old circ was 3 amps. The A is the amp rating.

Post more pics of your system. Showing how the 2 return pipes come together. There may be a purge system/set up on it.

The 007 is a replacement for you old circ in many cases. But not all.

Advertisement

beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote