Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #1

Share |

changing low heat cycle duration in a 2 stage Carrier furnance - 58CVA/CVX (mid effi

I have a Carrier 2 stage mid efficiency furnace model 58CVA/CVX. I would like to know if I can reduce the duration of the low heat/fan cycle from the current 15 minute to 2 or 3 minutes. This will allow the high heat/fan cycle to come on quicker. We are a 2 storey house with the furance in the basement. Currently, the furanace works as follows:
- furnace fires up for about 1 minute
- low heat/fan starts and continues for 15 mines
- high heat/fan starts and continues for 10 minutes until the temperature is attained
- then furnace changes to low heat and runs for about 10 minutes
- furnace shuts off and the low fan continues for about 1 minute and then shuts off.
I need the high fan to blow air to the top floor of the house. thanks.

Jf128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

changing low heat cycle duration in a 2 stage Carrier furnance - 58CVA/CVX (mid effi

You really need a thermostat with a Differential setting for multi-stage furances. Also, it really does not matter where the furnace is, it is where the thermostat is located, if there are enough returns available on the second story.

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:24 AM   #3
An old Tradesmen

A jumper can be put across W1 and W2 at the stat or furnace. This could make things worse, as the first floor will also heat up quicker. Your heating problem is more likely an undersized duct system problem.
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carrier58cva/cvx