Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

changed thermostat on York Affinity, now no heat?

I have a 1.5 story home. The upstairs has a loft and 2 bedrooms. The upstairs in on a York Affinity 1.5T 13S HP R410A Model #YZB01811. The thermostat for the upstairs was a simple digital located in the loft. The problem was that the loft was getting a lot of heat from the first floor and the thermostat was always reading much higher than the bedrooms. With twin babies on the way, I need the nursery to be heated. So I in stalled a Honeywell TH8000 thermostat with a remote sensor in one of the bedrooms to get an acurate temperature reading. I have looked over the wiring several times and every thing seems to be in order.

When I turn the system on it is reading an internal temperature of 65 and set to 71. I set the themostat to "heat" and "on". When I first set in on, the thermostat would read "Heat On" and the outdoor unit would start up and a few minutes later it would swith to "Aux Heat". The problem is it has yet to heat up. I have measured the heat coming from the vent from both the HP and Aux and the air reads 67 with a thermometer held up to the vent. I have set in Installer Code on the Honeywell 0170 to 7 which is for 2heat 1cool with aux heat. I even tries swithing the Install Setup on the Honeywell to no Aux Heat and run just the outside unit. Still did not heat up a small bedroom after several hours.

One more thing - I am not positive that it is the thermostat because I can not be sure that the system has ever worked correctly with the orginial thermostat in the loft. The house is only 2 years old and we have rarely used the loft.

Any ideas?

sotwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
HVAC / Plumbing

Rewards Points: 1,000

changed thermostat on York Affinity, now no heat?

If you have the old t.stat. Re- install it & re-check. If it works, it's the new t.stat set up. If nothing changes It's the unit. Do you know if the heat strips were installed,wired up, ??

kenmac is offline   Reply With Quote