DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Century/Comfort-Aire and Heil Information?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  COLDIRON 
#1 ·
I currently have an old Lennox Elite A/C system that needs to be replaced and is 17 years old! I've have received quotes on both Rheem and Trane. I Think they are both good units based on the information I found on here! I also got a third quote from another contractor who offers Heil and Century. While I have heard of Heil, I don't know much about them or their reputation! I have never heard of Century (also sold as Comfort- Aire) and don't see much info about them on the Internet! The quotes on Heil and Century are substantially lower which raises some concerns! Regardless of brand, I'm more concerned about using a seasoned contractor and knowing that the installation is correct! I think the right installer is well worth any extra cost up front! I'm of the impression the third guy might just be a quick "chop and drop" type of operator, but can't say for sure! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! PS The Century/Comfort-Aire have an uncanny resemblance to the Rheem "Value Series" units, but don't know if they're the same or not!

#3 ·
Since its gotten a bit warmer in many parts of the country. A lot of the A/Cs being use for the first time this year are failing. So many of us in the trade are a bit busy with our paying customers. And many of he other helpfull DIYers here may not be familiar with the Century brand to answer your question.

Comfort-Aire and Century are the same unit. Both owned by Heat Controller Inc.

#4 ·
Do some homework ask about the contractor's insurance, get people's names that he installed units for, go look at them call the people, make sure he's licensed and insured with the recent dates, will he be doing the work himself or does he have employees, how bout the warranty, what's the deal on response, can he provide other brands if need be?????????????????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.