DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   HVAC (
-   -   Central Air Outside Unit Cover (

czars 01-07-2009 06:47 PM

Central Air Outside Unit Cover
Awhile back I saw a cover that was installed on the top of a residential outside A/C condenser/compressor unit. The cover was similar to a garbage can lid and was hinged to the top of the unit. Whenever the unit turned on, the cover was blown up and the hot air escaped. When the unit shut off, the cover fell down on the top of the unit where it kept all rain and debris out of the unit.

I can't find such a cover for my A/C and to make matters worse, I don't even know what it is called.

Can anyone ID the cover and tell me where I can buy one?

beenthere 01-07-2009 07:47 PM

I have seen them advertised.

They are not a good thing.
They slow teh air down some, and since the air is slowed down, they drop some capacity off the unit.

AndrewF 01-07-2009 10:23 PM

What he said. They are a gimmick.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.