Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Carrier Zone Control Issues

I have a Carrier zone control system which is about 10 years old. My problem started last summer when my air conditioning was installed. My thermostat was jumping around in readings of temperature and would not come down in the temperature reading when the air conditioner was activated. When I asked them to come back to check it out they said the problem was with the thermostat and it needed to be replaced. With the new thermostat in place there was not much of a difference. The season was now too late for to run the air conditioner and now I was noticing issues with the heating system. The furnace would come on without the call for heat and would once in a while run until it was 3 degrees warmer than the temperature was set at in one of the zones. It even would some times change the programmed set temperature one degrees more in one of the zones. I would set it back down and in a few minutes it would change it back. The main thermostat is out by about 3 degrees less than what it is reading and the other room sensors are very close to what they are reading. On their third visit they found one of the wires from the transformer was loose and tightening it didn't really solve anything. My thought is that the main controller board is now the issue and this may have been the result of trying to draw more power at the board for the air conditioner with a loose wire. Does anyone have a similar situation or thoughts as to what is now the problem?

Designer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:42 AM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 130

Model number of zone panel would help to know what is going on.

beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #3

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the company you had put the air conditioner in was not a carrier dealer.
The fact that the issue started when the air conditioner was installed would tend to point to the potential that whoever did the wiring didn't do it correctly and now is placing the blame on the zoning system (twice). Both time they've tried to fix things when possibly the base reason for the issues still remains..... they don't know how to connect their air conditioner to the carrier zoning system.
Only suggestion I have is to call a carrier dealer with your zoning system info and ask them to send a tech out that is familiar with that specific unit. That is unless you've got the skills to read wiring schematics and troubleshoot control wiring. In that case search for the install instructions for your specific model of zoning system and see if you can figure out what they did wrong.
old_squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #4

The Carrier zone control system which I was speaking of earlier is model ZoneCC4EQC01. The heating and a/c system were both installed by the same company which are the largest dealer for Carrier in Edmonton, AB. I have rechecked the wiring myself and everything looks to be correct.
Designer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
Newbie Bill

Ohoh, I had a really negative experience with one of the Carrier dealers here in Edmonton. I eventually found a guy who spent the time with me to fix a number of problems the initial installers left me with.

I'd send you a private message but you can't PM until you have a minimum number of posts. So send me an Email at drtbk4ever at yahoo dot ca.

A DIY Noob that knows just enough to be dangerous.
drtbk4ever is offline   Reply With Quote