Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-10-2008, 06:16 AM   #1

Share |

Carrier won't start

First off, I hope bigMikeB or someone as sharp as he is are out there this morning. Cold here in Louisville! I have a 1983 Carrier furnace with the 3 wire gizmo by the pilot. I recently put a new (fan circuit board/brain) in it and it worked fine for a while. Then it started getting where sometimes you had to turn the thermostat up/on a few times for it to light and work. It got to where it took bunches of times turning it up to light. Now it won't do a thing. The red light on the circuit board just has a constant flash. I can't find the directions for the circuit board anywhere to see if there are any codes or anything. All help appreciated. Thanks, Theo in Louisville
4merfigur8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #2

Carrier won't start

for now kill the the furnace toggle at the unit or the emergency switch,,,,wait then back up again note what happens and make sure the stat is set for heat with fan in auto.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #3

Carrier won't start

Not exactly sure what is suppossed to happen. Are you asking if the fan comes on?
4merfigur8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:02 PM   #4

Carrier won't start

after repower unit you should get (small)induced draft motor(if it has one) spark(clicking sound) pilot,then main gas,and followed by the main supply fan..just make sure the stat selector is in fan auto that way the heat cycle will bring on the fan...and not to be ON before the heat comes up if it had been in FAN ON MODE.if you don't get some kind of consistant sequences even after repowering a couple of times call service in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote