Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-14-2011, 07:07 AM   #1

Share |

Carrier Weathermaker 9200 blower problems

I'm having trouble with my Carrier Weathermaker 9200. The blower motor is not running right. It will not run when the AC unit kicks on. I have reset it at the furnace and can run it manually. If I turn on the heat it works like it should. Anybody have any ideas?
preacher01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #2

if you manual means FAN in ON position at the subbase the stat is the problem...by getting the fan to run in on from that stat postion your proing out the fan relay in the furnace is working...is the stat digital with a load of configuration settings..check the printed manual for auto fan settings...when the cooling calls the auto for fan to run is within the stat not the furnace

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #3

I have replaced the stat and checked all wiring to make sure everything is tight. I was not getting any codes from the furnace but I am now getting a code 33 which says that the start compacitor is bad. I think that it is mounted on the side of the blower motor housing according to the manual. I will try it next. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:44 PM   #4

I found that the control board was bad. Apparently when the condensation pump quit working and the water backed up in the unit the 30 amp fuse on the board for the blower burned up. The new board was $265. I'd like to know if I can replace the fuse. It appears to just be soldered on the board. Has anyone done this? Can you even get a 30 amp replacement fuse for it? I'd like to try because of the replacement cost. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:24 AM   #5
Bill Kearney

We're about 2 months from tearing the house down. The blower stopped the other day. As per other posts here, I used a terminal doubler to connect both L1 and the black Cool wire to the L1 post on the control board. This leaves the blower running all the time. This is fine, it only needs to last another 60 days.

I swear, the house know it's number is up. Both outside faucets have started to leak at their internal shut off, the HVAC, there's a plumbing vent stack that seems to have gotten clogged, a soffit popped loose and birds started to nest in there. Oh and the over-the-range microwave crapped out a month go. Which is a real pisser since we definitely WILL NOT use that kind in the new kitchen. Just biding my time with this train wreck until it ALL COMES DOWN!
wkearney99 is offline   Reply With Quote