Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-17-2010, 06:27 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Carrier Pro help in interlocking a Weathermaker Infinity 58MVP to a Lifebreath HRV

My furnace is a Carrier Weathermaker Infinity 58MVP080 and I am using an Infinity communicating T-stat which is connected to the ABDC terminals on the furnace board. I want to interlock my Lifebreath RNC10 HRV to run my furnace fan when the HRV calls to run. So can I make the HRV connections to the 24V terminal screws on the furnace board in addition to the already having the T-stat wired to the communication connector or will the two conflict with each other?
If this is right, and both can be connected. I would be tapping off the R terminal at the furnace board for my 24V, then when the HRV calls and closes sending 24V to the G terminal screw to start the fan. But then how fast will my fan run since it is variable speed? There are sets of DIP switches that control the fan speed in various modes, but I don't understand if it would it be linked to the (CF) continuous fan airflow DIP switches or (A/C) airflow DIP's? Without the furnace knowing what is connected to it, ie.. just a 24V trigger for fan call coming over the G terminal. What speed will it run?
here's a schematic for the furnace board and the page on interlocking from my Lifebreath manual.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 58MVP control board.pdf (56.3 KB, 115 views)
File Type: pdf HRV schematic.pdf (58.6 KB, 86 views)

crankcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:52 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Carrier Pro help in interlocking a Weathermaker Infinity 58MVP to a Lifebreath HRV

I've been doing some searching and it appears that I may need a Carrier Network Interface Module (NIM). Then I would have the ability to loose the HRV digital controller and control it all thru my Infinity T-stat.

Carrier Guys am I on the right track here?

crankcase is offline   Reply With Quote