Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-15-2006, 01:30 AM   #1

Share |

Carrier Infinity Vs. Performance?

What is the main difference between the Carrier Infinity and Performace series? From the website it looks like the Performance is quiter which is one reason I am thinking about this?

Also, where can I find dimensions online for the different air handlers? I have a small closet where I need to do a replacement unit.

Thanks,
David

davidwilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:08 AM   #2
Thoroughbred Mopar Man

Hi davidwilp

The main difference between the Infinity and Performance series is seer and afue ratings. The Infinity series gives you everything it says it will. The performance series is slightly noisier do to the fact it is a fixed rpm blower, The Infinity series however has what is called an ICM motor. This is for lack of a better word, variable speed. I don't want to go too deep into the subject, I hate biasing people, but I love the fact you are looking into Carrier. Which ever one you chose, as long as its a Carrier and is installed properly, I have no doubt you will be happy. If you give me the dimensions that you have to install into, I will look in my engineering manual and get you the furnace dimension for the one you choose.

Good luck
Rusty

#CARRIERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:27 PM   #3

Thank you for your reply. I kind of figured you would. Thanks also for the offer to look up for me. I will get the dimensions when I get home tonight.

On the carrier website on of the performance series they rate at 68db and the infinity is 70db. So, I thought the performance was slightly quieter. Using there "stars" they also rate Performance quiter than Infinity.

I did not realize the Performance did not have a variable speed motor.

Thanks again for your help.

David
davidwilp is offline   Reply With Quote