Carrier Infinity T-stat And Performance Heat Pump - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-30-2007, 08:43 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Carrier Infinity T-stat and Performance heat pump

I have a 2 year old Carrier system with an Infinity furnace (58mvp Aug 2005) and a Performance heat pump (38yxa Aug 2005). At the time of installation, I went with a basic Carrier thermostat to save some money. After looking around some, I realized that I was missing out without using the Infinity thermostat to monitor pressure, filters, dehumidify, etc.

So I now have an Infinity thermostat (ccuid01-b) rev 13 but I'm having trouble connecting it. The furnace is fine, I have the OAT temp sensor connected, but I don't have an O terminal on the furnace board to connect the heat pump to. Everything else is as it should be. The install manual says it supports non communicating 1 speed heat pumps (like I have) and show how to wire it, but all the diagrams include an O terminal on the air handler. Looking at Carrier's site, none of the more recent Infinity furnaces have an O terminal as well.

I had read online of others with this combo and the Infinity control, is there anything that I can do?

Thanks,
Greg

Advertisement

gcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:42 AM   #2

Give me your full furnace model number and i can help you

Advertisement

abhac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:38 PM   #3

Furnace: 58mvp100-F-18120
Heat Pump: 38yxa048340

Furnace manufacture date Aug 2005

Thanks,

Greg
gcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:00 PM   #4

I am going to double check in the morning. It appears that the controller will not control a "duel fuel" system (furnace and heat pump) with out a communicating condenser. It will control an air handler with a non-communicating heat pump or a furnace with a non-communicating ac condenser. But not a furnace with a non-communicating heat pump. The thermidistat will do everything that the Infinity controller will do exept monitor duct static.
abhac is offline   Reply With Quote