Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-14-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
rns

Rewards Points: 10

carrier infinity

I had my goodman gas furnace removed and replaced with a carrier 58 mvc at the same time I had the company change out the ductwork and create 2 zones, one upstairs and one down and install additional returns upstairs. They installed a carrier air cleaner, aprilaire humidifier,edge tstat and ewc zone controls. Turned out the zone controls do not work with that furnace and after much grief I hired a carrrier auth company to take out the ewc and replace with infinity zoning system and one smart sensoe for upstairs. They ended up using jackson dampers b/c they said carrier was out of theirs, but they were the same thing. My problem is I am having to turn the heat up higher to get comfortable.. Even though the tstat says 72 or 73 the house has a cold chill in it.At 70 the house and floors are cold. There seems to be air circulating around.. I changed control from efficiency to comfort and set fan to auto, but it did not help much..any ideas on what the problem is??? house feels cold.. Had energy audit done and the house is not really drafty and not really tight, but better than most houses,so I can't blame it on a drafty house. House is a 8 yo contemp colonial..
Thanks

rns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

carrier infinity

Make sure the humidifier is operating. Humidity has a big effect on comfort.

JohnH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
rns

carrier infinity

yes humidifier is working and is set at 30%
Old 01-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 510

carrier infinity

What floor was the original stat on?
Houston204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 250

carrier infinity

Depending upon the outside temp that may not be enough. Also is it reachinh 30% turn the humidistat up and down to see at what % it is clicking at. I like 40 -45% on average for comfort. But to much will condense on the windows.
JohnH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #6
rns

carrier infinity

original tstat was on first floor, new infinity stat is there now with smart sensor upstairs. If I put the humidity over 30 i get window condensation. Smart sensor is reading a level of 30