Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #1

Share |

Carrier Heater just quite hmmmm

I called out gas man. He stated it was inducer fan. I replaced it and no luck. It was working, and just quit. Central Air works, Fan runs when placed ON. When turned to Heat, t-stat clicks but nothing is happening at furnace. No blower, no ignition, no inducer fan, nada.. I cleaned filter, vacummed around everything. Any help would be great...Its a carrier unit and prabably over 15 years old.

msan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:29 PM   #2
Thoroughbred Mopar Man

Hi msan

There should be a plastic window in the blower panel. You should be able to see a red light inside this window. The light will flash fast and then slow. Count the number of fast and then the number of slow. The fast flash will be the first digit and the slow will be the second digit. Look on one of the doors and you will see a two digit code chart. Let me know what code its flashig and we can direct you in the proper direction.

Good luck
Rusty

#CARRIERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #3

Hi Rusty, I was looking in bottom panel where blower motor is, I did't see any flashing lights. I see a little silver metal box where all the wires go into connecting to a circuit board. Are you talking about that box?
msan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
Thoroughbred Mopar Man

Hi msan

Thats where the board will be, it may or may not have the diagnostic light on it. I was thinking about this furnace, If you will post the model #, I believe you may have a few more problems than what I thought. This furnace could be one with an edge connector, thats why I need the model #.

Thanks
Rusty
#CARRIERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:53 AM   #5

hi i got a problem ! my carrier aircon when i turn on after around 3minute will stop but wait a moment will turn on automatic, when the aircon stop my carrier yellow LED blinking , so i open the cover i found a red light blinking , the red light blinking slow slow not very fast and u help me pls ?
steven1986b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:53 AM   #6

My model no: is "42ACE015" hi i got a problem ! my carrier aircon when i turn on after around 3minute will stop but wait a moment will turn on automatic, when the aircon stop my carrier yellow LED blinking , so i open the cover i found a red light blinking , the red light blinking slow slow not very fast and u help me pls ?

steven1986b is offline   Reply With Quote