Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Carrier Furnace

my sister has a carrier furnace 58MXA080-12 she had it inspected and has the invoice stating that the heat exchanger reveals perforation of the metal on side of the secondary heat exchange the coupler box cover if perforated and leaking as well. When she calls the local carrier dealer they will not order the heat exchanger that is under warranty without have it installed by a carrier dealer. Is this true? my husband works for a heating and air conditioning place and would install it for them but first need to part can you help? serial # on unit is 4295AO2737

pebbles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Carrier Furnace

I've never ordered warranty parts based solely on the word of a homeowner. If the person doing the inspection is a licensed HVAC contractor, they can generally get warranty parts by dealing with the local or regional Carrier parts outlet. If they're not licensed, then they won't be able to obtain warranty parts.

Also, our company policy would not allow the homeowner to install a heat exchanger we provided. Installing a HE isn't too terribly difficult, but if it's done wrong the consequences can be deadly. Also, warranty repairs performed by unlicensed persons could void her remaining warranty.

scottmcd9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scottmcd9999 For This Useful Post:
pebbles1 (07-18-2012)