DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Carrier Edge Thermostat Installation Issue

10K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  vttucker 
#1 ·
I purchased a Carrier Edge Thermostat model TP-PAC for my Carrier Single Stage AC/Furnace HVAC System. The thermostat runs on 24VAC.

The thermostat was a replacement unit for a RiteTemp 8082C that I did not like because it did not have full time backlighting and it was too hard to program. The Carrier thermostat circuit is 24VAC and is protected by a 3 amp fuse.

I installed the Edge thermostat as a one piece installation and when I had completed wiring it up and buttoned up the user module to the control module everything looked good. I replugged in the furnace and zap, the new Edge Thermostat shorted out. I am not sure what I did wrong. I did a system check and found the thermostat blew the 3 amp thermostat circuit fuse. I replaced the fuse and I reinstalled the old Rite Temp thermostat and everything works good. After re reviewing the installation instructions for the Edge Thermostat I believe I wired it correctly. R wire to Rc and Rh as a jumper, W to W, G to G, Y to Y and C to C. I installed the two wire pig tail red to V+, black wire to Vg. I can't figure out what I did wrong.

Does anybody have any ideas or had any experience installing a Carrier Edge Thermostat? Is there something I am missing? Please advise.

Thanks,

Phil

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.