Carrier ComfortZone II Zoning System - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Carrier ComfortZone II zoning system

So I'm thinking of getting a ComfortZone II zoning system for my house. My upper floor rooms are always hotter than downstairs in the summer, so I think the zoning system will help. I have a waterfurnace geothermal heat pump, so I think this is a great zoning system to get (I wish the infinity zoning system would work here!). I will only divvy up the house into 2 zones (lower floor and upper floor zones). Now to get a remote sensor to the upper floor will be a challenge, so I was hoping to install a wireless remote sensor and receiver. I've looked everywhere on the web and even called Carrier distributers and dealers, but I can't find the ComfortZone wireless wireless receiver. The Carrier factory doesn't produce the receivers anymore. The wireless remote sensors I can still find but not the receiver.

So what to do? Are there any other wireless sensors/receivers (different manufacturers, etc) out there that would interface with the ComfortZone zoning module/controller? Or would a different receiver work with the wireless remote sensor that I can still find?

Advertisement

mummes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
AKA HVACTECHFW

Rewards Points: 1,100

Carrier ComfortZone II zoning system

Use a honewell zoning system that is red link compatible and you can use a wireless sensor or wireless stat for the upstairs zone. I do not recommend the comfortzone II system or any carrier zoning system.....I've seen all kinds of problems with them not to mention their controls are very difficult for homeowners to use.

Advertisement