DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Carrier 58MXA furnace problems

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  hvac122 
#1 ·
Greetings from da UP of Michigan,

We have two 58MXA furnaces that are nine years old/our house is also nine years old. They are installed in the basement. In year 8 we had to replace the Burners in one of them. Within the past couple of weeks we have had to replace the second furnace Burners AND both Heat Exchangers. Both exchangers were rusty and had excessive amounts of goo on them. Only the exchangers were "under warranty". We did have to pay labor. We are up to $1,500. Our builder, super honest and good guy, says that they should not fail.

Can any one help or suggest a course of action?

Thanks, bush

#2 ·
Not quite sure what you after as a course of action. Sounds like they need repaired. Make sure that after the repairs are done the service people check the temperature rise of both units and also calcualte the CFM and static pressure of the duct systems. This may give them a clue as to why they failed.

#3 ·
Carrier 58MXA

hvac122, Thanks for the quick reply. I should have stated that was interested in seeing if there was a recall or some other like problems. I have lived from the North to the deep South and East Coast to the Pacific North Wet and NEVER had a furnace with such or so many problems. Do I have a gripe with Carrier?
Regards/
bush

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.