Can I Upgrade Honeywell Zone Valve To One With End-switch Without Removing Valve? - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Can I upgrade Honeywell Zone Valve to one with end-switch without removing valve?

Hello,

One of my zones does not communicate with my boiler - It has a Honeywell V8043C Zone Valve with no end switch (14 yrs old). I would like to upgrade it to one that includes an end switch. Can I do this without removing the valve? -- Are the actuators compatible between models? For example, can I swap out the actuator with a replacement model V8043G or do I have to change the entire valve assembly? Thanks.

Advertisement

loose moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,362

Can I upgrade Honeywell Zone Valve to one with end-switch without removing valve?

Yes.

Take the cover off and you will see 2 screws, one on each side. Undo these screws and the head will lift off the body.

Be careful to do this with the system cool though. The two head screws screw into another set of screws holding the valve body closed. On rare occasions when you undo the head screws the body screws come out too If this happens its not an issue if the water is cold.. just screw the body screws back. But if the water is hot you may get a bit burnt.

Advertisement

Bob Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote