A/C Unit And Handler Run Fine, Just No Cold Air. - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-31-2011, 12:33 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

A/C unit and handler run fine, just no cold air.

Hi,
A/C unit and handler run fine, just no cold air. No funny noises or anything. Had a recharge and a capacitor replaced approx 2 years ago. Not sure which cap it was, or what they look like in my unit. Would also like to know what the rusty container that looks like a thick metal booze flask is. It has 6 wires coming out the top...2 dark yellow, 3 orangish, and 1 brown. Thanks.

Advertisement

Craig A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
fabrk8r

Rewards Points: 500

A picture of the "thick metal booze flask" would help to identify what you are describing, but it sounds like a capacitor.

You say the AC runs fine, are you sure the compressor in the condensing unit (outside unit) is running?

Advertisement

Old 08-31-2011, 01:42 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Thanks for replying. I think it is the cap since the 6 wires going into it look like the wires that go into other round caps that they show online. I am going to have it tested @ Grainger right now since I have to drop off my pool pump motor at a place right down the street from them.
Craig A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:55 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,000

If you needed refrigerant 2 years ago and nobody fixed the leak then it's probably low again.
Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote