Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #1

Share |

Bryant Plus 90 giving code 24 error even when wired?

EDIT: should say "unwired" in the title, sorry.

I have been digging a hole with the installation of a new thermostat that benefits from 24v power. I had the blue 24v wire connected to an old thermostat from the previous homeowner, but I realized on the new thermostat install that the blue 24v wire was never connected to the C terminal on my furnace. I connected it, but still get the problem as below.

My setup is a furnace (gas) and an AC unit, and a 5-wire thermostat. The AC condenser was wired to the furnace board C terminal and Y terminal as standard, coupled with the (now completely installed) 5 wires from my thermostat.

Everything should be fine now, but every time I replace my door (or hold the door-close switch) the 2/4 blink = code 24 = 24v short code blinks and nothing happens. This is after power cycling my Bryant plus 90 several times and also cycling the AC and thermostat and so on. I even removed all 5 thermostat wires and the 2 condenser wires from the Bryant control board and turned it on and it still gives me this code 24 error, so i don't have a short in the wires themselves. I can't find any way to "reset" this with switches or anything on the board or by reading the manual.

Is there something simple that I'm missing here? This is driving me nuts! I googled in general and searched this board and read the manual thoroughly but I'm still stuck.

nsurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #2

Have you checked to see if the low voltage fuse on the circuit board is not blown. It is a automotive type 3amp fuse in the middle towards the front of the board.

HvacWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:26 PM   #3
I'm Your Huckleberry

That or you are not receiving 24 volts, meaning the transformer.

If the system is not doing anything whatsoever than this is most likely your problem, again, if that fuse is not blown.
Doc Holliday is online now   Reply With Quote