Bryant Furnace Pilot Not Lighting - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-31-2009, 09:16 AM   #1
DGB

Rewards Points: 10

Bryant Furnace pilot not lighting

I'm new here and not sure if I posted in the right forum.

Ok...here goes.

Bryant model BW2AAN000105ABAA another number I saw was PWB-4D. It's a gas hot water furnace.

The pump will circulate the water in the system, but the pilot light won't light thus no heat will be produced by the furnace. I thought it might be the auto pilot ignition box so I replaced that, but that didn't work. I was reading on the info. hanging on the wires of the furnace about it having a fuse that can blow when the flame in furnace gets blowed hard on. (had a huge wind storm here a couple weeks ago knocking down tree's all over the place and that seems to be around the time the furnace wasn't making heat. I just thought that it was warmer that it wasn't kicking on). Possibly a gust of wind came down causing the flame to get blown in such a way as a safety the fuse blew like it was designed to do.

What does this fuse look like and where is it located. I found a little device that is whitish/ivory looking (inside the little door you take off to see the burners) with 2 wires attaching to the top and what looks like a capacitor or resistor going across the bottom of where the two top wires attach to.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Advertisement

DGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:15 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

I have a forced hot air bryant gas furnace that wouldn't start. It would fire up for a second then turn off. There was an error light on the control board as well.

Turned out, a bee had become stuck on the gas jet and died. The furnace was detecting a gas flow problem and turning off. I removed the bee and it's been working fine since.

Sound like yours isn't even igniting.

This is the best manual online I can find for your model: http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc...og-bs1a-03.pdf

I did find a recall for your model: http://www.general.hvacpartners.com/...73_LID,00.html

Advertisement

KHouse75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
DGB

Rewards Points: 10

Thanks for the links .
DGB is offline   Reply With Quote