Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #1

Share |

Braeburn Thermostats

I'm installing a wood stove soon. I am looking for a thermostat that has a recirc. fan mode. I'm looking at a Braeburn 3300. I know it's not programmable but I don't use the program feature on my current thermostat. Does Braeburn make a good thermostat? Is it something I can install myself? I'm better than average mechanically.
porter4dmfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #2

Braeburn Thermostats

You will get varying opinions, as everyone has their own favorite stat company. Braeburn makes good quality stats. The 3300 has a 5 year warranty and is the professional version of their non-programmable lineup and I can tell you from experience that if you call their tech line, even a homeowner can get assistance.

I have sold hundreds (probably thousands now) of the Braeburn line in the past 7 years and I have probably had less warranty issues than I have will White Rodgers, Honeywell or LuxPro.

Good luck
Old 11-08-2010, 07:35 AM   #3

Braeburn Thermostats

I had just the opposite experience, albeit several (5 or 6) years ago. Our local distributor started carrying Braeburn, they looked nice, and the price was great. We installed them for about a month everytime we changed out a system. They worked great for a week or three, after which we realized they had about a 30% failure rate.

We took the unused portion of the case back to the distributor. That was a long time back, and I expect their quality has improved since then, because they wouldn't be in business if it hadn't. I'll stick with my Honeywell products. Their lemons are few and far between.
brandonmcginnis is offline   Reply With Quote