DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   HVAC (
-   -   Boiler Zone Purge Valves - Anything special? (

WaldenL 08-13-2009 02:47 PM

Boiler Zone Purge Valves - Anything special?
Posted this in plumbing, but i think it would be better posted here...

I'm taking out a run of baseboard in a FHW system so I need to purge the zone. Only problem is the valve to purge it is all shot to hell, I've tried twisting the handle, just twists, no purge. :-) No big deal, I just cut into the pipe and let it drain from the cut. -- Closed all the other valves first. :)

But, while I have it drained I figured I'd replace that shot valve. I assume, but want to confirm, that a zone purge valve is just a normal valve, yes? There's nothing special about it, right? As it happens the valve is the one on the zone that has the water intake on it.


Plumber101 08-13-2009 05:57 PM

Install automatic bleed valve

SKIP4661 08-13-2009 07:17 PM

Yes it is a regular valve, usually called a boiler drain. I think I would consider a ball valve set up as they are more trouble free.

Plumber101 08-13-2009 07:20 PM

Skips right on this one I miss read. Yes a boiler valve.

Totally missed the second paragraph

WaldenL 08-14-2009 08:24 AM

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

BTW, there are valves other than ball valves? :laughing:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.