Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #1

Share |

Boiler Question regarding Pilot Relite Control & Ignition Electrode Assembly

I have a late 80's model Utica boiler and the automatic ignition won't come on to ignite the pilot. I am able to manually light it when the thermostat cycles on and it will operate until the thermostat cycles off. I think that the issue is the Pilot Relite Control (White Rodgers) and/or the Ignition Electrode Assembly. I disconnected the Ignition Electrode Assembly where it connects at the Pilot Relite Control and noticed that the wiring connected to the harness was severed. This could have been when I tried to remove the wire or just that it was worn out - can't tell by inspection. My question is this - if I reconnect the wire to the harness and re-attach it to the Pilot Relite Control - should that correct the problem or do I need to replace both the Control and Assembly? I would prefer to replace only the part(s) that need replacing. Or - is that not my problem at all (though I think it is). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
stevepatts is offline   Reply With Quote