Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

blower problems with bryant furnace.

I have a trouble with my 20 year old bryant furnace (376cav). The blower started running randomly. I replaced the control board with after market ICM281. After that, the blower does not run randomly, but it stops in the middle of heat cycle. That is, furnace ignites the flame, runs several minutes, turns the flame off, the LED gives error code "33" and blower runs a few minutes.

The inside of blower cabinet has a high negative pressure after I replaced the control board. I feel strong vacuum when I try to remove front panel of the blower housing while blower runs. I am afraid that the blower runs faster than it is expected. Isn't it the another control board problem like blower relay?

Anyways, I don't have air conditioner and the filter is clean.

Please help.

blowerissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
how

Rewards Points: 516

The fan speed will be determined by which motor lead is connected to the heating connection on the board. Do you think you might have hooked up a faster speed when you switched boards?

I assume your code 33 is an open limit. An open limit will shut down the burners and run your blower. Some people describe that as a random running blower. Your board may not have needed to be changed but the code 33 overheating needs to be diagnosed & repaired.
A temp rise test on the furnace should be done to see if the furnace is over heating or if the limit switch is faulty.

how is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #3

Thank you for your reply.
I did the temp rise test and it was as listed. I also checked the lines and they look OK. I replaced the board (CESO110057-01) to the after market board (ICM 281). Could it be the problem?

For your information, the blower ran all the time with the old board even without the fuse on the board (I don't understand how). Except for the blower running all the time, the heat cycle ran OK (The furnace warmed the house as programmed).
After the board was replaced, the blower stops when there is no heat, but the blower runs too fast. It seems no change from hi to low and cause to stop the system.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowerissue View Post
Thank you for your reply.
I did the temp rise test and it was as listed. I also checked the lines and they look OK. I replaced the board (CESO110057-01) to the after market board (ICM 281). Could it be the problem?

For your information, the blower ran all the time with the old board even without the fuse on the board (I don't understand how). Except for the blower running all the time, the heat cycle ran OK (The furnace warmed the house as programmed).
After the board was replaced, the blower stops when there is no heat, but the blower runs too fast. It seems no change from hi to low and cause to stop the system.
back step ..seems to me you have the wrong replacment board..or as how said maybe you did not need to replace board...
ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben's plumbing View Post
back step ..seems to me you have the wrong replacment board..or as how said maybe you did not need to replace board...
ICM claimed that it is for the replacement of Carrier board CESO110057-00, 01, and 02 series. Do you think the problem comes from something else rather than the board?
Thanks

Last edited by blowerissue; 03-13-2012 at 11:38 PM.