Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-15-2011, 02:21 AM   #1

Share |

Blower NOT continuously ON on Bryant 310AAV

The home I bought has a Bryant 310AAV 024070 furnace. The thermostat has Auto/On options for Fan. My understanding is that when I set the Fan to On, the blower should run continuously. I downloaded the manual for this furnace and it suggests that the blower will indeed run continuously when the thermostat is set to On for Fan.

Problem is, it is not running when I set the Fan to On. To figure out if the blower is working, I bumped up the temperature (it is summer, so the furnace hasn't been in operation) to force it to turn on. It indeed turned on, the blower worked, so I know the system is working end to end (thermostat and furnace). I recall seeing the blower working continuously before (we recently moved into this home, so haven't paid much attention to the Furnace's Fan On operation), but am not sure. Anyway, the blower is not operating now although I set Fan to On in thermostat. How do I go about figuring out where the problem lies? The thermostat and the furnace are working well when used for heating.

I understand the blowers on some furnaces can be manually set to run continuously. I didn't see anything in the manual about this, so I am assuming this feature doesn't exist for this model. However, if you know that this model has this capability, appreciate learning how to manually set this.

PS : The manual says this model doesn't have the ability to vary blower speed (some other Bryant models have that capability), but there is nothing in the manual to suggest that there is no continuous blower operation capability. So I am assuming the functionality exists in the furnace.

Last edited by rational; 08-15-2011 at 02:34 AM.
rational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:43 AM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Do you have central A/C. If not, the furnace and thermostat may not be wired for the thermostat to run the fan continuous. Check to see how the thermostat is wired.

beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beenthere For This Useful Post:
rational (08-15-2011)
Old 08-15-2011, 04:07 AM   #3

There are two furnaces and the other one has AC (and heating). The blower is continuously ON on that. So it appears the second furnace is not wired that way. I will look at the installation manual to try figure out how it is wired, and probably call a pro.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #4

I referred to my thermostat's manual and it says the G wire has to be connected for the Fan to run continuously. I opened up the thermostat, but there was no G wire. Only the W and R wires are available and connected

(Pardon my ignorance) Are there any thermostats out there that will accept just these two wires and be able to send a signal to furnace to run the fan continuously? If that is not possible, I suppose I would have to call a professional and get the G wire connected from the furnace to the thermostat.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #5
An old Tradesmen

Carrier Edge thermostat can. But, it ain't cheap.
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beenthere For This Useful Post:
rational (08-15-2011)
Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #6

Thanks beenthere. I found a seller selling it for $140. Pricey, but at least I know my choices - get that or ask a contractor to run the G wire when he is over to work on the furnace. Appreciate your help.