Blower Motor Shuts Off While Condenser Is Still Running - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Blower motor shuts off while condenser is still running

All I have an issue that I have been trying to get corrected for a while. 3 techs later and still no solid answer. I won’t bore you with the details but last one said caught the motor shutting off then tested it to see it was over amping. Since then I have replaced the motor and capacitor myself.

It ran great again for a while but as of late it is starting to happen again. The system is 5 years old and does not contain a circuit board. What happens (at random times) is that the blower motor will stop but the condenser will continue to run. Any time this happens if I flip it to emergency heat the blower kicks right in. However if I flip the blower on while on cool or heat it does not start. Most times if I leave it in the on position it will at some point fire back up then cycle as expected.

At this point I am down to the replays, fan timers, or loose wire I guess. Like I said there is no circuit board in the air handler and power to the black and yellow wires of the fan appear to go through 3 relays ( really not sure what they are but need to get the numbers off them) before making it to the blower.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement

redheaddmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Blower motor shuts off while condenser is still running

Check you thermostat also

Advertisement

**Always kill the power ** Hot air rises, but heat will always move from higher to lower temperatures. ** Real man shoot in manual. ** If it ain't grounded, it ain't dead.
JJboy is offline   Reply With Quote