Blower Motor - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-11-2007, 03:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

blower motor

My blower motor for my furnace is out. We removed the part that we need to replace and are having a difficult time finding it. The part number is 7121-8612 and it was manufactured by fasco. We found one source, but they won't be able to get it to us until after thanksgiving. Not good, we have a little baby in the house that will freeze. Any thoughts?

Advertisement

peloncito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,462

blower motor

Call around local to electric motor shops in your area. You will need info off of the plate (volt, amps, RPM, etc).

Advertisement

gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #3
no loose ends

Rewards Points: 25

blower motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by peloncito View Post
My blower motor for my furnace is out. We removed the part that we need to replace and are having a difficult time finding it. The part number is 7121-8612 and it was manufactured by fasco. We found one source, but they won't be able to get it to us until after thanksgiving. Not good, we have a little baby in the house that will freeze. Any thoughts?
Or some might call it a combustion blower. Some things you should know about your situation (if you don't know already), theres more to correcting this problem than meets the eye. I've been in this trade many years and have discovered that it is best to attain the whole "kit". Often times, due to the rust that has built up on the set screw, it is very difficult to remove the blower wheel from the shaft. And even if you are successful, the blower itself may be so corroded that you wind up having to replace it as well.
Let me know if you're still in this predicament--I'll continue to provide as much assistance as I can. Good Luck
undone is offline   Reply With Quote