DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Blower keeps cycling on and off

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dr Heat 
#1 ·
HEIL 26 years old furnace (1982)
Model #: CGK1000N06
MFG #: KUGK100DH06

My furnace blower at times goes on and off every 2 seconds. It does this for i would say 1 to 2 minutes. Sometimes one of the blower cycles stays on a little longer, 15 seconds. But most of the time its on and off at least 10 to 15 times. Now at this point i knew something was wrong.

I watched a few cycles of my furnace and noted down how they go. When i turn the temp up, a few moments after, the burners will ignite and the vent fan will run. After about 20 seconds or so, the blower will start distributing the heat. Depending on how high i set the temp, the burners might stop and come back on if more heat is needed. The blower stays on until i guess the limit switch detects the heat in the plenum is bellow the set threshhold.

When the blower acts up, the cycle is the same except the burners dont come back on and the blower turns on and off over and over for a while. I havent noted the exact lenght, but am waiting on the furnace to do it again.

Any ideas what could cause this?

See less See more
#2 ·
this is an old furnace and i would recommend you prepare to change it.
Having said that pull the fan / limit switch and clean the lint off.

If this does not fix it change the fan/limit

Read the instructions on the fan / limit. You may need to separate the fan and limit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.