Blower Fan Runs Constantly - HVAC - Page 4 - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum


Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 08:14 PM   #46
Member
 
hvaclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Suburbs of Detroit Mi
Posts: 3,704
Rewards Points: 2,000
Default

Blower fan runs constantly


Go get a board and stop micro managing every detail.

My kid used to help me in my business 'til he got his EE degree. Kid used to be the most practical minded HVAC tech around. Now since he graduated university and went to work he needs an inter net connection and a spread sheet to change a faucet.

Advertisement

__________________
Just slow, not stupid.
hvaclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #47
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: palm coast fl
Posts: 588
Rewards Points: 500
Default

Blower fan runs constantly


Quote:
Originally Posted by epowerfan View Post
Ok consensus board bad.
ICM Controls gave good support. JW-1 on new board is a zero-Ohm jumper GH to R, just like orig. Confirmed R17 should remain as-is.

Tested SEC-1 to SEC-2 for 24VAC -yes. Tested Line1 to Line2 for 120VAC -yes. Transformer's good.

He had me jump GAS-1 to GAS-3 and jump Lim-1 to Lim-2 then call for heat by jump R-to-W. Said if the fan still doesn't start the board's bad.
The burner fired right away, but no fan start even over 2 mins later. I confirmed no 120V on COM-LO & COM-HI so it's not wires/connectors.

Offta exchange the board. Thanks for all the help here guys-- I learned a lot and am grateful. -Mark
told ya
kennzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:03 AM   #48
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6
Rewards Points: 10
Thumbs down

Blower fan runs constantly


Quote:
Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
Then don't bother the techs if you are not willing to follow the advice given.

You cannot just selectively repair the electronics that fail. The parts are approved by agencies that certify the safety of the unit.

You are trying to circumvent the very system that makes your furnace safe. Follow the previous advice or move on.


Mods if you feel this is too harsh than by all means delete it. But the OP
has been given more than enough info to to solve his issues bur will not
listen.
First, , this person has no idea what he is even saying, because these forums are totally voluntary and those that participate do so for the sole reason to assist others. In other words, his remarks are out of line and he has established himself as the "bothersome person." Secondly, reading this responders email makes me ashamed that I am from the Detroit area. It is obvious that this responder has a low threshold in regard to patience and tolerance (i.e. - will not tolerate those that do not respond the way he desires). However, what goes around generally comes around. For example, one day this person might apprehensively question his doctor concerning a life threatening operation or medical procedure and in so many words his doctor might tell him that his questioning is improper, "because he is the professional." It might be at that time that this person feels the helplessness that results from the advice to blindly follow without questions.
gordchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:25 PM   #49
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 18
Rewards Points: 10
Default

Blower fan runs constantly


With warnings all over this site about following advice given here, I didn't feel the least obligated. I participate in several forums, from hobbies to computers and it's interesting how worked up ppl can get; that's all part of it.

Mon this week i got the replacement board from ebay seller "thermalresources" and the furnace was working in 15 min. It came with 3 Amp fuse installed. The first one didn't--which made me wonder if it was truly new & unopened. They sell the board cheap (under $50 incl ship) but I wouldn't recommend; slow cust service to replace the defective board cost me an extra week.


epowerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #50
Member
 
hvaclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Suburbs of Detroit Mi
Posts: 3,704
Rewards Points: 2,000
Default

Blower fan runs constantly


Quote:
Originally Posted by gordchevy View Post
First, , this person has no idea what he is even saying, because these forums are totally voluntary and those that participate do so for the sole reason to assist others. In other words, his remarks are out of line and he has established himself as the "bothersome person." Secondly, reading this responders email makes me ashamed that I am from the Detroit area. It is obvious that this responder has a low threshold in regard to patience and tolerance (i.e. - will not tolerate those that do not respond the way he desires). However, what goes around generally comes around. For example, one day this person might apprehensively question his doctor concerning a life threatening operation or medical procedure and in so many words his doctor might tell him that his questioning is improper, "because he is the professional." It might be at that time that this person feels the helplessness that results from the advice to blindly follow without questions.
HI!

And welcome to the forum.

Sorry, but i really don't know what you are getting at. Could you please be a little more specific?

First, , this person has no idea what he is even saying, because these forums are totally voluntary and those that participate do so for the sole reason to assist others.
How does a DIY forum have any bearing on what somebody says?
In other words, his remarks are out of line and he has established himself as the "bothersome person." Secondly, reading this responders email makes me ashamed that I am from the Detroit area.
I don't get how a person gets to be labeled anything except "Considerate" for taking time to offer advice. If you are from Detroit your shame is some thing you have to work out for yourself, please don't blame me for your issues.

Aside from that stuff what is your post about?


And why did you say we have had Email contact? I don't know who you are.
Please explain.
__________________
Just slow, not stupid.

Last edited by hvaclover; 12-05-2008 at 04:55 PM.
hvaclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:06 PM   #51
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North of Detroit
Posts: 42
Rewards Points: 25
Default

Blower fan runs constantly


Quote:
Originally Posted by gordchevy View Post
First, , this person has no idea what he is even saying, because these forums are totally voluntary and those that participate do so for the sole reason to assist others. In other words, his remarks are out of line and he has established himself as the "bothersome person." Secondly, reading this responders email makes me ashamed that I am from the Detroit area. It is obvious that this responder has a low threshold in regard to patience and tolerance (i.e. - will not tolerate those that do not respond the way he desires). However, what goes around generally comes around. For example, one day this person might apprehensively question his doctor concerning a life threatening operation or medical procedure and in so many words his doctor might tell him that his questioning is improper, "because he is the professional." It might be at that time that this person feels the helplessness that results from the advice to blindly follow without questions.
First of all this hvaclover does know what he is talking about. He has been in this trade for over 30 years. I read all posts from the begining and I don't see anything wrong with what he had posted. If a soldered realy is bad on a residential board you do not replace the relay you replace the board. Second if you are from the detroit area then you know times are bad here. I am also from the detroit area. We are here to help when we can,to give FREE advise as we are professionals in the field everyday. And for you to critisize him for telling the op to forget about the relay replacement and get a new board(which 100%) of the hvac professional tech's in the field would do then please don't come here for free advice. Go look in the phone book under heating and cooling pick out a contractor an pay the hourly service fee plus the trip charge and argue with him to replace the relay vs the board. If he would have taken the advice from the start you wouldn't be here.
pipefitter636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:40 PM   #52
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6
Rewards Points: 10
Smile

Blower fan runs constantly


Hello hvclover,

Please remember that you asked me to be more specific when reading this reply. Moreover, the written word is sometimes misinterpreted due to the absense of voice inflection. Therefore, I apologize in advance for any offense you might take by my following remarks.

At any rate, my post was about your behavior. You were rude in your paraphrased remarks as follow:
"do not bother the experts"

I am sure you are good at your trade but it is also obvious that you lack certain communication skills (in the medical field it is called bedside manners).

Secondly, I would recommend that you reassess your attitude in terms of feelings of supeiority and/or infallibility.

Thirdly, if you want to help people than do so with a cheerful heart (no complaining or insulting remarks to those who ask for your help). If a person does not agree than simply ignore it.

My final advice would be that you refrain from using the picture next to your I.D., becuase it denotes a person who is irate and/or irritated (not a good impression to make).






Quote:
Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
HI!

And welcome to the forum.

Sorry, but i really don't know what you are getting at. Could you please be a little more specific?

First, , this person has no idea what he is even saying, because these forums are totally voluntary and those that participate do so for the sole reason to assist others.
How does a DIY forum have any bearing on what somebody says?
In other words, his remarks are out of line and he has established himself as the "bothersome person." Secondly, reading this responders email makes me ashamed that I am from the Detroit area.
I don't get how a person gets to be labeled anything except "Considerate" for taking time to offer advice. If you are from Detroit your shame is some thing you have to work out for yourself, please don't blame me for your issues.

Aside from that stuff what is your post about?


And why did you say we have had Email contact? I don't know who you are.
Please explain.
gordchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:01 PM   #53
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6
Rewards Points: 10
Default

Blower fan runs constantly


Helo pipefitter636,

In response to your remarks, please read my response to "hvaclover" if you have not already done so (it partly applies to you also). I will be even more candid with you, because I detect even more of a bad attitude in your remarks.

It appears that you feel that you can insult people because you are giving free advice. It also appears that you think that you are more special than the next guy. Finally, it appears that you might resent the fact that you are not getting paid for services rendered. If any of that is true, than I suggest you refrain from using forums of this type. You will be more happy and those that need help will not be made to feel bad for asking for your exalted advice (free as it might be).

In closing, citing "tough times in Detroit" is no excuse for bad manners or the exibition of superior attitudes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pipefitter636 View Post
First of all this hvaclover does know what he is talking about. He has been in this trade for over 30 years. I read all posts from the begining and I don't see anything wrong with what he had posted. If a soldered realy is bad on a residential board you do not replace the relay you replace the board. Second if you are from the detroit area then you know times are bad here. I am also from the detroit area. We are here to help when we can,to give FREE advise as we are professionals in the field everyday. And for you to critisize him for telling the op to forget about the relay replacement and get a new board(which 100%) of the hvac professional tech's in the field would do then please don't come here for free advice. Go look in the phone book under heating and cooling pick out a contractor an pay the hourly service fee plus the trip charge and argue with him to replace the relay vs the board. If he would have taken the advice from the start you wouldn't be here.
gordchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #54
Member
 
hvaclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Suburbs of Detroit Mi
Posts: 3,704
Rewards Points: 2,000
Default

Blower fan runs constantly


Quote:
Originally Posted by gordchevy View Post
Hello hvclover,

Please remember that you asked me to be more specific when reading this reply. Moreover, the written word is sometimes misinterpreted due to the absense of voice inflection. Therefore, I apologize in advance for any offense you might take by my following remarks.

At any rate, my post was about your behavior. You were rude in your paraphrased remarks as follow:
"do not bother the experts"



Now would you please tell me what you want me to know?
I am sure you are good at your trade but it is also obvious that you lack certain communication skills (in the medical field it is called bedside manners).

Secondly, I would recommend that you reassess your attitude in terms of feelings of supeiority and/or infallibility.

Thirdly, if you want to help people than do so with a cheerful heart (no complaining or insulting remarks to those who ask for your help). If a person does not agree than simply ignore it.

My final advice would be that you refrain from using the picture next to your I.D., becuase it denotes a person who is irate and/or irritated (not a good impression to make).

i still do not understand what you are you are going on about.\

A few parts that made sense were out of context as you cherry picked my statements.
i will try to read thru your muddy wording to discern what you are trying to say.

Tell me if this is right: You feel it is practical and useful to be redundant in iteration to individuals who are showing no inclination to the value of the
console (spelled right?) provided by the person or persons advice is sought of.
Have i got that right?

And why don't you think avatars are just a personal choice that are made solely for fun?

Did you know your IP number matches somebody else's screen name?


You are not from the Detroit area (not that it matters) why are you pretending you are? i say that because you dropped a big hint that gives you away.




Now would you please tell me what you want me to know?

BTW how's the the family doing?
__________________
Just slow, not stupid.

Last edited by hvaclover; 12-05-2008 at 10:28 PM.
hvaclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:29 PM   #55
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6
Rewards Points: 10
Wink

Blower fan runs constantly


Hello hvclover,

Again no offense meant and I am sure you sincerely wish to help people. However, I still strongly recommend that you refrain from responding in any way that mght indicate that you are irritated. In other words, keep it to yourself. Simply give the advice and leave it at that.

Finally, although you do not need to reply, I am more than willing to allow you the last word.

Warm Regards,
gordchevy alias "Muddy Wording"

P.S. - I am not sure what "IP number" you are referring to.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
i still do not understand what you are you are going on about.\

A few parts that made sense were out of context as you cherry picked my statements.
i will try to read thru your muddy wording a discern what you are trying to say.

Tell me if this is right: You feel it is practical and useful to be redundant in iteration to individuals who are showing no inclination to the value of the
console (spelled right?) provided by the person or persons advice is sought of.
Have i got that right.

And why don't you think avatars are just a personal choice that are made solely for fun?

Did you know your IP number matches somebody else's screen name?
gordchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:56 AM   #56
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North of Detroit
Posts: 42
Rewards Points: 25
Default

Blower fan runs constantly


Quote:
Originally Posted by gordchevy View Post
Helo pipefitter636,

In response to your remarks, please read my response to "hvaclover" if you have not already done so (it partly applies to you also). I will be even more candid with you, because I detect even more of a bad attitude in your remarks.

It appears that you feel that you can insult people because you are giving free advice. It also appears that you think that you are more special than the next guy. Finally, it appears that you might resent the fact that you are not getting paid for services rendered. If any of that is true, than I suggest you refrain from using forums of this type. You will be more happy and those that need help will not be made to feel bad for asking for your exalted advice (free as it might be).

In closing, citing "tough times in Detroit" is no excuse for bad manners or the exibition of superior attitudes.
What ever
pipefitter636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #57
wmm
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 13
Rewards Points: 10
Default

Blower fan runs constantly


When my furnace is shutting down after heating, it tries to restart for a second or two. It does this about 4 or 5 times each shutdown. A local tech called it a "false start", he changed the gas regulator and ignitor(wrong terms I'm sure).

I ordered a new board after reading this thread because I was having the same constant running problem for some time. This morning it decided to shut down by itself, but returned to the false starting problem.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Ww
wmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #58
I'm Your Huckleberry
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,884
Rewards Points: 2,220
Default

Blower fan runs constantly


Quote:
Originally Posted by wmm View Post
When my furnace is shutting down after heating, it tries to restart for a second or two. It does this about 4 or 5 times each shutdown. A local tech called it a "false start", he changed the gas regulator and ignitor(wrong terms I'm sure).

I ordered a new board after reading this thread because I was having the same constant running problem for some time. This morning it decided to shut down by itself, but returned to the false starting problem.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Ww
bad thermostat.
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #59
wmm
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 13
Rewards Points: 10
Default

Blower fan runs constantly


That is what I thought too. I changed that first, sorry...I forgot to mention that.

This morning it has worked properly a couple of times and a few times it did the false start.

I should get the new board this Sat or Monday. Probably will not have much time to troubleshoot as I have to leave town for work.

Thanks for the speedy response.
Ww
wmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #60
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 804
Rewards Points: 500
Default

Blower fan runs constantly


How did such a simple problem turn in to a 4 page + post..........Oh I see a engineer was involved.

Advertisement

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
blower runs, with no heat captjack HVAC 6 12-14-2010 03:15 PM
furnace blower constantly running HELP! ice_wolf69 HVAC 16 10-26-2008 07:11 PM
Trane Carrier XL80 fan runs constantly when switch is on jheavner HVAC 13 10-25-2008 10:54 PM
RUUD furnace not working blower runs ddeatrick99@hotmail.com HVAC 2 01-16-2008 10:55 PM
Blower fan runs continuously mgeller HVAC 5 04-19-2007 10:27 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts