Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #1

Share |

Bled boiler wrong---need help

I think I screwed something up...Help!! The heat went off on the second floor, so I knew I had to bleed the lines again. I had a guy from the oil company do it for me a couple of years ago and thought I remembered the very simple process. I hooked up the hose and turned the valve and let all the water run out, then turned the valve off again - no more, no less. I didn't run the heat before hand, didn't push any other buttons or turn any other valves. Now I have no heat on either floor! It's been about 2 hours and doesn't feel like my furnace is doing anything.Think I screwed something up here and I'm getting chilly as night falls and I'm feeling pretty stupid about now.Please Help! Think elementary school, like DIY 101. Use small words, and be kind. Reading through this blog I see a lot of words that mean nothing to me! Dumb it down please and tell me what I need to do to get my heat working again?It's a oil furnace and I have hot water baseboard heaters on two circuits, one for main floor and one for 2nd flood bedrooms.Many Thanks,Josey

JoseyThePuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyThePuss View Post
I think I screwed something up...Help!! The heat went off on the second floor, so I knew I had to bleed the lines again. I had a guy from the oil company do it for me a couple of years ago and thought I remembered the very simple process. I hooked up the hose and turned the valve and let all the water run out, then turned the valve off again - no more, no less. I didn't run the heat before hand, didn't push any other buttons or turn any other valves. Now I have no heat on either floor! It's been about 2 hours and doesn't feel like my furnace is doing anything.Think I screwed something up here and I'm getting chilly as night falls and I'm feeling pretty stupid about now.Please Help! Think elementary school, like DIY 101. Use small words, and be kind. Reading through this blog I see a lot of words that mean nothing to me! Dumb it down please and tell me what I need to do to get my heat working again?It's a oil furnace and I have hot water baseboard heaters on two circuits, one for main floor and one for 2nd flood bedrooms.Many Thanks,Josey
Ayuh,.... For starters, Start a thread of yer Own,...
This antique is from '06, 'n bein' a page long, Yer post/ question is gonna get lost....

In the thread yer gonna start, Explain what yer system is, 'n what boiler ya got,...
You provided absolutely No pertinent Info on yer system...
If you can, post pictures of yer near boiler plumbin'...

Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:51 AM   #3
DIY staff

I started a new thread for you Josey---
Old 03-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
An old Tradesmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyThePuss View Post
Sounds like you just drained your system, instead of purging the air out. Water should have been added while it was running out of the hose.

Post pics of the piping around the boiler. And we can probably tell you what to do to get the air out, and restore your heat.
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote