Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #1

Share |

bath room fan

Any suggestion on a new quiet bathroom fan? it's 346 cu ft of 44 cfm.

timchi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:43 AM   #2
Household Handyman

bath room fan

O.K., Here's one suggestion to make a bath exhaust fan quieter: I recently had to replace one on our smaller bath. The motor assembly from the new one would not work in the older housing and I didn't really want to change out the entire unit. I mounted the new unit in the attic approximately six (6) feet from the box of the older unit. I made a cover for the new unit so I could connect each unit to the other with flex ducting, the exhaust of the older unit to the intake of the new unit. I then ran the exhaust of the new unit to the roof vent. I re-wired the new unit from the old unit. Now when you turn on the exhaust fan the new unit actually runs but the old unit is still in place, minus the fan motor assembly. The new unit pulls air through the old unit, and to the new unit then out the roof vent. With the new unit mounted in the attic this system is much quieter now. David

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #3

bath room fan

I looked in the attice is this is what I have. I have (2)-3" pipes running from (2) bath fans to a vent in the attic and they are stapled to the roof at the vent. I assume this was done wrong and the vents shoude stick out of the house and be sealed correct to prevent the moisture coming back into the house? If so, so I need to install 2 vents, 1 for each fan?
timchi29 is offline   Reply With Quote