I'm getting ready to install and Aprilaire 700 Humidifier on a Goodman (Janitrol) Furnace. My plan is to pull AC power from the furnace an install a 120V outlet so I can plugin the 3-prong external power cord needed for the powered fan. Everything else will wire directly to the Goodman furnace. I'll also be pulling water from the hot water pipe above the hot water heater.
I've included some images of my setup. My plan is to install the Aprilaire 700 above the furnace on the supply side. Here are a few questions I have.
1. How is the A coil configured on this furnace?
2. I take it I have to cut the insulation back to mount the humidifier. Should I cut the insulation the same size as the humidifier opening?
3. I've noticed that some installers place a bead of clear caulk between the humidifier and opening. Should I do that?
4. Where should I mount the 120V outlet?
5. Is there anything else I need to consider?