American Standard Furnace Blower Second Stage Goes Off During Heat Call,6 LED Flashes - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

American Standard furnace blower second stage goes off during heat call,6 LED flashes

American Standard Freedom 90 gas with electromate coil with a warm flo controller
Initial problem was blower would not come on at all so I put in a new ECM and the blower seemed to work as it should but now it seems after a heat call is on for an extended period of time the fast blower stage will shut off and the blower will just run slowly even though the heat call is still on. The electric coil is still on even with the slow blower. In this state the red LED flashes 6 times which is "115 volt AC power reversed, poor grounding or system voltage too low." If I cycle AC to the unit it will run as it should with the fast blower on a heat call for as long as I have waited (about 15 minutes). Any ideas?

Advertisement

tnixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 4,560

American Standard furnace blower second stage goes off during heat call,6 LED flashes

Any electrical work done in the house recently, say the last six weeks or so?

Advertisement

beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #3

I recently replaced the main switch on the furnace which feeds the transformers for the furnace and the humidifier and the zone controller and all the zone actuators. I guess I could recheck that wiring but I don't understand how that could be the problem if flipping this switch off and then back on fixes my problem.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 4,560

Loose wire in the box the switch is in. May have bumped the ground wire that it isn't making contact like it should all the time after the furnace runs for a while(mild vibration can cause this).
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #5

Well its been running fine since the last AC cycle a few days ago and I haven't touched anything. I find it hard to believe the problem is a loose wire. Something tells me this is not going to be a fun one to debug if the problem happens again.