Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #1

Share |

American Standard Freedom 90 problems...please help

Hi!
I was wondering if you could help me. I have an "American Standard Freedom 90" Model AUX080C942C3" with a "Beckett CP201UL" condensation water pump attached to it. First problem I have is the heating system stopped working. It would occasionally kick on here and there if I were lucky but for the most part it would sound like it was turning on but only cold air would come out of the vents. I followed the instructions and powered it off and then back on...but only helped out a couple times. The heat worked sporadically without me doing anything but turn the heat switch on. So there was no consistency. Then it just stopped working altogether but would sound like it was turning on but never kicked warm air out again. The AC was also only working in this manner over the summer. Well now I am noticing a leak coming from the condensation pump. Could this possibly be the issue? Corroding the system? And is there anything I can do to fix this? I am not financially well off and if it is an easy fix. I would prefer to do it myself. Please let me know your advice. Could it be loose tubing? Please let me know what you think the issues are. Thank you so much for your time! It is greatly appreciated! Great to know there are people out there willing to help others!

4theEARTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

Have you checked to see if the pump is causing it. Since you have a condensate pump attached, that makes me believe that it may be in attic space, due to you did not state. The best thing to do, is get a hold of a local hvac company to look it over to find out why it is not working.

gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:34 AM   #3

Thank you so much gregzoll!!! My system is actually in the basement. I decided to work on the system myself and got the AC, heat and the condensate pump working. I took everything apart and searched around for issues and worked on a few different things (filter, tubing, sensor, ignitor, pump, etc.) and then cleaned up everything that was dirty. Seemed to have worked for now. If it breaks down again, I'll be back on Hopefully not!!!!

Thank you again!!!!!
4theEARTH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4theEARTH For This Useful Post:
whlytle (12-24-2011)