Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #1

Share |

AIRE-FLOW Furness issues

Yes, - The house that my wife had bought needed a new furness and she had a, Aire-flow AF92 FURNESS PUT IN. - Now i would like to know what maint i can do or better yet, the first question is- is there more than one filter i need to change in it ? - Second i was talking with a furness repair guy at my work place about mine isnt heating up house like i think it should, and i told him about, that i found a big opening in the cold air ? ducting [air inlet ? ] and that i had just resealed up -[ could put arm all the way in]------ PRIOR to this repair, i was fixing the cellar door, and had it removed so i tacked up a blanket in door opening untill door is fixed.- Well then i noticed that when furness comes on it will suck that blanket in like a sail on a boat ,BIG TIME.- He said it sounds like a NEG PRESSURE from or with ? furness ???? not sure of what he means and so any info or suggestions would be great.

carl sheffield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #2

AIRE-FLOW Furness issues

Pull the blower out and clean the blower wheel and secondary heat exchanger. They are probably filthy with an open return in a cellar. A furnace usually has one filter but there's no way to know from here if yours has more. Search the forum for flame sensor. Needs to be cleaned once a year or so.

Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #3

Question

AIRE-FLOW Furness issues

As i have never worked on a furness before do you think im capable of pulling and cleaning the blower, and the secondary heat exchanger ??- I DO HAVE FIXING CAPABILITIES AS im a tech at a local car dealership. for the last 29 years.---just got to know now where and what the secondary heat exchanger is. lol --- Im new to these home and house repaires, most of the time i dont know where to begin
carl sheffield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #4

AIRE-FLOW Furness issues

The secondary heat exchanger is the first part past the blower. If you can tear apart and repair a car then a furnace blower will be no problem.
Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote