Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #1

Share |

Air for Reznor garage heater

My two-year-old Reznor UDAP garage heater stops heating. The fans work, but no heat. The green light flashes twice, which the manual says indicates a pressure valve problem. This has happened twice so far this season, both times when the outside temperature has dropped below minus 10 celsius. After switching off gas and electricity and leaving it for a few days, and the outside temp has improved to around zero, it has starting working again when I turned it back on. The gas company tech has been out and found no problem and suggested it may be a faulty limit switch. However, he didn't know about the green light signal.
Could this be a problem of insufficient intake air? The garage (detached) is well insulated (the inside temperature has remained above freezing even without the heater) and since I have retired, the door is not opened every day as it used to be. When it gets cold, the heater would come on more using more air. Does anyone know whether this makes sense? I need to get this problem fixed before it gets really cold and all the stuff I have stored in the garage freezes.

eagpito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagpito View Post
My two-year-old Reznor UDAP garage heater stops heating. The fans work, but no heat. The green light flashes twice, which the manual says indicates a pressure valve problem. This has happened twice so far this season, both times when the outside temperature has dropped below minus 10 celsius. After switching off gas and electricity and leaving it for a few days, and the outside temp has improved to around zero, it has starting working again when I turned it back on. The gas company tech has been out and found no problem and suggested it may be a faulty limit switch. However, he didn't know about the green light signal.
Could this be a problem of insufficient intake air? The garage (detached) is well insulated (the inside temperature has remained above freezing even without the heater) and since I have retired, the door is not opened every day as it used to be. When it gets cold, the heater would come on more using more air. Does anyone know whether this makes sense? I need to get this problem fixed before it gets really cold and all the stuff I have stored in the garage freezes.
picture would help us help you...it could be air...does it work ok with door open, is it 1 pipe or 2 pipe system,,ben sr

ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #3

Thanks for replying, Ben. Here's a picture of the heater. It vents through the roof. I can post an outside view tomorrow if that helps. Right now it's still working and has been since I restarted it this morning. I'm thinking of leaving the man-door open a crack to see if that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Air for Reznor garage heater-100_1998.jpg  
eagpito is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combustion air supply, garage heater, pressure switch open