Air Return In Old House - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

air return in old house

recently bought a house thats 50 year old.. its in great shape but during the inspection i was told the cold air return has exposed studs.. which is no longer the way they do things.. my bed room light swich is in the same air space.. im planing on changing the light swich to a dimmer and rewire it to 3 wire so the fan and light and have thier own dimmer. this will require me to put in a 2gang box because because the existing light swich is a dual swich and control a outside light as well.. i can rewire it no problem..but when i change something i would like it to be up to code.. my question is should i seal up the walls inside the air return after..im a small person i can get in there and do the work.. what is the best solution and material for the job.. thanks in advance

Advertisement

gezzuzz is offline   Reply With Quote