Air Conditioner Works But Air Isn't Cool - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Air Conditioner works but air isn't cool

Hi,

Hoping to get some help here and perhaps help some others who might be in my situation. I believe my air conditioner is working fine. A tech came by a few days ago to replace my condenser fan but it wasn't hot that day so I couldn't really test out the system.

It was very hot today and my thermostat stayed at 27C (80.6F) for the entire day with the AC blasted. The air was "cool" at best...

Attaching a picture of my air exchanger.. hopefully this can help diagnose my issue:
1: Smaller blue circle at the bottom right: a pipe that's about 3/4"in diameter.. this pipe is frigid cold
2. Red circle at the bottom right: a pipe that's about 1/2" in diameter.. this pipe is warmish / room temperature most of the time
3. Large green circle near the top: a huge cylinder about 1' in diameter.. this "pipe" is not frigid cold but it is still quite cold to the touch (colder than cool)

Any ideas as to what's wrong with the system? Any suggestions? Would changing the air filter make a drastic difference? I hasn't been changed for a year but the tech said it could last for another month..

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Air Conditioner works but air isn't cool-ac2.jpg  

Advertisement

gypito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Call back the tech....the best you can do right now

Advertisement

**Always kill the power ** Hot air rises, but heat will always move from higher to lower temperatures. ** Real man shoot in manual. ** If it ain't grounded, it ain't dead.
JJboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

What is the Delta T ? ( The difference between cold register air temp and return air temp)
clocert is offline   Reply With Quote