DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Ah, spring....

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  gregzoll 
#1 ·
The quiet time on the HVAC forum after all the broken heaters but before all the broken air conditioners....

#9 ·
I finally got to shut ours off today, since that front came through last night. The heat and humidity drives my arthritis batty. I had to go out and pick up all of the land mines from the Backyard yesterday and ended up paying for it. Still hurting.

I did not realize that in over a year, since my son last cleaned up the backyard, that you could actually pick up 26 gallons of Dog crap. I should have packaged it and sent it over to Mike Madigan's office in Chicago, to remind him how his abuse of power is.

#4 · (Edited)
Not if you live in the strange Great White North.:biggrin2:

All the snow melted yesterday as it was +50F and raining and we set a high temp record. VERY unusual.

Now it is going below 32F and we are getting 4 inches of snow overnight to replace it.

No AC usually until after the May long Weekend. 3rd week in May (Victoria Day) weekend.

#8 ·
Maybe it's time to just post some "How To's"? I know there's a bunch of videos on youtube, but I've noticed that most of them are missing things.

For example when you see a video or post about replacing a capacitor, most all of them never speak of discharging it 1st and when they do speak to it, most don't give proper instruction.

#10 ·
If they are bad, they have usually discharged all of the magic smoke. All that it takes to drain one, is wrap a bit of #10 wire with enough of the end stripped, then connect the other end to ground in the disconnect. Any residual will be gone. Really if you go one connection at a time and follow proper procedure, there is not going to be much of a charge on one that has gone bad. It is only when they are live and you are playing with them right after you shut the power off, you will get a new perm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.