ACONT800 Thermostat And Outdoor Temp Sensor - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

ACONT800 Thermostat and Outdoor Temp Sensor

My outdoor temperature sensor reads about 5 degrees too high. I've extended the leads about 6' to move the thermistor into permanent shade on the north side of the unit. It's about 5 ft. from the foundation in an area that never receives direct sunlight.

Is there a way to calibrate the thermostat to compensate for the incorrect reading? I can always subtract 5 in my head, but it would be nice to show the correct temp on the screen. Additionally, it's a dual fuel unit, so it doesn't switch over at the correct temperature.

Advertisement

tbzep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

If you go to hvac-talk you will see a number of posts regarding these OD sensors. The first one I had was off 4-8 degrees high during the hot weather and 4-8 degrees low during cooler weather. I just compensated for the error with the thermostat dual fuel lockout setting. The replacement one is pretty accurate when the sun isn't shinning near it. I am using the Honeywell Pro IAQ.
Read those other posts for some further insight on this issue.

Advertisement

kb3ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:31 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb3ca View Post
If you go to hvac-talk you will see a number of posts regarding these OD sensors. The first one I had was off 4-8 degrees high during the hot weather and 4-8 degrees low during cooler weather. I just compensated for the error with the thermostat dual fuel lockout setting. The replacement one is pretty accurate when the sun isn't shinning near it. I am using the Honeywell Pro IAQ.
Read those other posts for some further insight on this issue.
Thanks
tbzep is offline   Reply With Quote